Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Around the Sims Stendhalic Lighting - Repositoried and Recoloured (2013)

In this month's Request a Skill thread at N99, Lila asked for the Stendhalic Lighting to be recoloured in basic solids. I can do this I thought.

Then I noticed that although each of the lamps used the same texture size and shape (same mapping), I'd have to recolour them each separately. I'm not doing that, I thought!

(Downloads after the break)



I've wanted to learn how to do repository for a while. So thanks to Ignorant Bliss' tutorial, JWoods repository knowledge article, Hysterical Paroxysm's discussion about multi-state objects, and Leefish who helped me fix it when I broke it - I've done my first repository object!

The Ceiling Lamp is the Master object. That means - if you want to recolour this light, recolour the ceiling lamp. The Floor Lamp and the Table Lamp have been slaved to the ceiling. You don't have to have recolours for them - they'll use the ceiling lamp recolours.

So here are the new meshes, and 27 Recolours. Because 27 is a nice round number. :D

I love AmythestFenix's 100 Linen Solids - so I picked a random 27.

Download Meshes 
(Note: You do not have to download these, but if you don't the recolours will only be picked up on the Ceiling lamp, and not on the Floor or Table)

Download Recolours


Because this is my first repository Method - please let me know if you have any problems with it.

4 comments:

  1. Milena -

    Yep, it's me. One and the same. I can be found easily, since I'm under my own name on Twitter - R_Chirgwin - and writing at The Register, as well as blogging random thoughts. Say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiri, these are great, and so many beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found these! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete